Sunday 31 July 2011

31/7/2011 - Crossroads Pub

Ended up going to Karaoke last night at Crossroads which is just down the road. But, British people, it is not a real pub, although it's the closest I've seen so far. Was able to drink there, "You're 21 right?" - "Uh huh!" , and had a good night despite the creeper from the party the other night was there. Jerry Parker volunteered himself as my would-be boyfriend to ward him off but it was Emma I was more worried about. He spent the first part of the night telling Emma's brother how much he liked her, repeatedly. Things start to get a little cloudy after that as I had had quite a few Soco and Coke's by then. No lemonade, I wish they served lemonade at bars here, I miss my drink. Before we went out, I spent some time playing the keyboard that's downstairs and it was lovely. I sat with the door open to hear the storm, but because I forgot to put the screen across, bugs got in and bit me! A really cool bug got in too, it glowed! Firefly perhaps? Not sure.

Getting back to the Karaoke, Jordan put my name down to sing Chumbawamba - Tubthumping. Now Lucy, I know you would fully encourage this as I do remember us making up some kind of dance to this song many years ago to perform to our parents. I avoided it for as long as possible. I hid, I drank more, I bargained, but it happened. It was most likely horrific. Emma and Adam sang Grease and I'm sure other people done other things but it got hazy. I think I crawled into bed about 2 ish.

My conclusion of the night; I am a much more interesting, social person when I have a drink.
Psychology people... is this short term gratification outweighing long term consequences? Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment