Friday 8 July 2011

8/7/2011 - My First Real Lay-in

Today I slept until 12.30! It's just as if I'm at home... my body clock has finally adjusted! But this means I've been feeling like it's earlier than it is all day and I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

I didn't do too much today really. Watched the kids whilst Emma did her schoolwork and I also watched Teen Mom... I'm a little addicted. I think they also show it late at night in the UK on Viva, but it's a follow on from 16 and Pregnant.

Oh and I also dyed my hair! It's a lot darker than I expected but hopefully it will lighten up after a few washes. Hair dye here is different than at home too. You buy the dye and developer separately! Emma dyed it for me this afternoon, using sandwich bags as gloves! It went surprisingly well considering she had restricted finger movement. Here's a picture - look how dark! (And messy, humidity hates my hair... I'm hoping it doesn't react like Monica's...)



Then we went to the supermarket and Emma showed me the real cheese on the deli, so I don't buy the cheesestring-type stuff again.

About an hour ago, Emma's sister arrived with her two little girls for the weekend.  She has a girl called Sophie who is around little Adam's age and then a teeny tiny little baby called Sienna. They're both gorgeous but tiny Sienna is so so cute. I held her for a little while and she's so sweet and small, her fingernails are even tiny!

Last night I hung out with Emma and Adam and they told me about this little brown spider here which leaves bites like this;



So I keep shaking out my bed to make sure there's none in there.

Gonna eat some yogurt now and chill out with these guys. I really need to go out in the town and meet some people too. I could have gone to Karaoke tonight at the Town Tavern, but it's so hard not being able to drink here and meet people. Maybe I'll go out tomorrow considering it's Saturday... I just have a little bit of a fear of doing things on my own.... so what did I do? Travel on my own for a year - good idea, genius!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your hair is really dark, but it looks so good. Please stay away from those spiders that bite looks awful painful, and whatever you do DON'T BRING ONE HOME!!!!

    Missing you

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete