Thursday 7 July 2011

7/7/2011 - The Horror of the Bikini

Only a small post for you guys tonight since I posted this morning...

After I left you guys this morning I watched a little bit of Fox News and it got me kinda mad. I mean, they ran this story this morning called "Saved by her Enemy" and it was about an Iraqi girl called Raffraff who took an English major at University in Iraq and so became a translator. When the war broke out, NBC hired her as their translator in Iraq. One day they were reporting and a bomb went off and of course, she went with the NBC crew to safety. Apparently this meant that she now loved America. The thing that annoyed me most about the story was that America was not Raffraff's enemy. If they were, why would she be working for NBC? She later moved to America and converted to Christianity, what an 'American Dream' ending. I guess I just got mad because of the unashamed right-wing bias of the Fox network, when I'm used to the BBC who, whilst not always completely unbiased, are pretty impartial in comparison.

NB: I was talking about this with Jake and he sent me this video, you should take a look, it's all the lies that Fox have claimed as truths, but have later been proved as false by independent investigations.

I then went upstairs and everyone was watching a film, so I hung out for a bit.
I ended up going onto Todd's Calender, which is awesome as it shows all the events going on in and around Boone. There's a free yoga class tomorrow that I'm seriously considering going to, I just feel a bit funny about going on my own and not knowing anyone, but that's probably a feeling I need to get used to right?

So (I'm allowed to use it once okay?!) after that I skyped Mum for a little while, and little Adam joined in and said hi to Mum, showing her his toy tractor. After that Enoch woke up, then Emma woke up, and I made pasta with tomato sauce and cheese. The cheese here is strange, I bought some from the supermarket, just normal cheddar, but it's like the cheese you get on a cheesestring - rubbery. Lucy then tagged me in a few photos and I decided I'm going to dye my hair tomorrow because it looked better back then. Also recognized how Lucy always manages to take photos of me when I'm eating, whether it's chicken off the BBQ, fajitas or pizza.  Lucy herself then popped up on Skype and we had a lovely little chat about what I've been up to.

This afternoon me and Emma took the boys to the county pool and it was really fun. The kiddies pool had water squirters and a mushroom type thing which water overflowed from and although the boys were a bit wary at first, they soon got into the fun. Then we took them over to the big pool and Adam done a really good job swimming. At one point I only had one hand on his stomach and he was doing it all himself - such a brave little guy! Enoch loved the water to and he enjoyed me spinning around in the water whilst holding him. Thing is, I love swimming but I hate swimsuits. The bikini I bought with me is fine, but I just don't feel good in swimsuits, simple as. I guess it doesn't help that the bit I don't like on me is my thighs and that's the bit bikinis show off a lot. I'll stop with the girly whining now, but just so we're clear - I was not feeling comfortable, made worse by the presence of a very hot lifeguard.

When we were done at the pool, we went over to Birch Tree to find a surprise for Enoch and Adam - one of the neighbours and her boyfriend had been given a Little Tykes plastic slide/climbing frame set thingy and put it together for the boys to keep there, and they just love it. Adam was doing handstands and somersaults out of the tunnel at the end and when Enoch tried to copy he belly-flopped the floor. We got McDonalds for dinner and then here I am! Have some pictures of the scenery here - just for you Mum :)



No comments:

Post a Comment