Thursday 21 July 2011

21/7/2011 - Raleigh

So I guess it's been a few days again, I'm sorry it's a bit lax it's just that I'm having too much fun I guess.

On Sunday, after we'd been tubing, we went out on Emma's Dad's boat on the lake. The lake was massive, so much bigger than I thought and the water was blue and warm and just lovely. And the boat was so incredible. We pulled into a gas station and filled the boat up, then took a trip back. On the way back Emma jumped into the water, but I already got burnt from laying on the deck beforehand so I didn't and stayed in the shade. Bob gave us hat's that said 'Tequila Sunrise', the boat's name, on them which is awesome. When we got back we showered and had a grill-out which was super tasty. I put the boys to bed shortly after, and I nearly fell asleep with them I was exhausted!
















That next morning we got up and left pretty early for Raleigh. The journey was around 3 hours and wasn't too painful apart from Enoch was not so happy. We did encounter a creeper though. We sped up, he sped up. We slowed down, he slowed down. Emma called Highway Patrol but by the time she got through to someone, he went. We think he must have seen her on the phone. We got to Raleigh and I met Emma's Mum. I guess she had hip surgery so can't get around too well, but she used to be a clown - like a children's entertainer - and is obviously so creative. I looked at some of the furniture she's made and it's beautiful. There's also a piano in her house that I played a little. We hung out there for a bit, then went over to Lynwood Grill for drinks and a little bit to eat. Marcie joined us with her girls and managed to get away with not having ID - yay! After that we went to Marcie's where we were staying that night. Marcie's house is lovely, with really high ceilings. That night we had a bit of a party, which was super fun. I met Emma's brother Jordan and his friend Chris as well as various neighbours of Marcie's throughout the night. Slept on the couch and kept getting stuck in the gap between the two bits of couch in the night, slept well though.

Tuesday, in the morning me and Emma took the kids out to play. After we went to McDonalds we ended up going over to Emma's Mum's, where the plan was to take the kids to this center where outside there were water squirters in the ground, like the one's at Lowestoft seafront. The kids had fun playing in the water and then Adam and Sophie went and hid in a A-frame sign. They were quiet, too quiet. Emma went to sneak up on them, because they always laugh at that, and when she got there found that Adam or Sophie (or both of them) had pooed on the ground. Excellent. Oh but that's not all. Enoch had got all in it. It was disgusting. So some woman inside saw what was going on and bought out paper towels and some security guards turned up, but they just laughed at it. Needless to say we made a swift exit.

We stayed at Emma's Mum's house Tuesday night and Wednesday morning we hung out with Emma's friend Shannon and her gorgeous little girl Juniper. They have a pool at their apartment complex, so we went swimming with the kids and it was so much fun. It's been so hot here that the water was so amazing to get in and cool off. Yesterday, I saw it hit 98F, so around 37C for you guys at home. But I don't think I burnt today because I remembered to reapply sunscreen! The kids fell asleep after swimming so I managed to get a chat in with Lucy which was luuush, and she's super good at following long and complicated stories. I'm excited because she's gonna send me PG Tips and Galaxy. Last night, Shannon offered to watch the kids which was so nice of her so me and Emma went to Havanas in Raleigh where I was able to drink - yay! But here, they don't tend to have lemonade at the bars, so I ended up drinking soco and sour mix, so so tasty. Got back here at 2am and slept soooo heavily.

Today I skyped Mum, which I haven't done in a few days so it was really good to talk to her, still miss her lots!

I found Yarmouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment