Sunday 17 July 2011

17/7/2011 - Lake Norman

The last dew days have been a little crazy here, and the plan was to come to Emma's Dad's today, for the day. After a slow day yesterday, we decided to leave last night and stay. Emma's Dad lives in Lake Norman which is about 2 to 2 and a half hours away. We dropped the kids at Conover and got here about 10ish.

It is beautiful.

Last night it was obviously dark when we got here, so I couldn't see the lake but today, it is wow. Here's the view from the back deck.



When we got here last night, I met the two dogs Max and Chance, they are such a funny pair. Max is massive, and is more like a horse than a dog and Chance is small and a little bit podgy.

Chance

Max
After I had met the dogs and been provided with some White Zinfandel (with Strawberry!) we went over to the neighbours who had a bonfire and were sitting around talking. There must have been about twelve of us all together, and after I'd answered the obligatory 'Britain' questions, Emma went and got the guitar from her Dad's house. So her and her Dad are both incredible. I was absolutely mezmerized and it makes me wish that when I had half-heartedley attempted to learn the guitar that I'd tried harder. People kept telling me it would be easier because I play the piano, but I found it difficult.Trying to learn around exam time last year probably wasn't the best choice either though. Anyhow, it was pretty magical sitting around the fire by the lake, listening to awesome music into the night. These are the kind of experiences I'm doing this for.

Fell asleep listening to my Harry Potter audiobook last night - nearly finished book one again.

Today we're going out on the lake on Emma's Dad's boat and supposedly getting dragged behind a boat on a tube too, so yay! It's a bit cloudy right now, but it's still really warm so I'm going to go put on my bathing suit soon!

Oh and yesterday I drove in America on my own - prooooud!

No comments:

Post a Comment