Tuesday 5 July 2011

5/7/2011 - Independence Day and Other Happenings

Hey guys!


So I last updated you guys on Saturday huh? Well since it's now Tuesday. I'll do a day-by-day account!


Sunday
So Sunday was a lazy day, which was awesome! Got up a little late, and kinda slobbed about all day. I needed that though because I was still a bit travel-weary. No problem though! So me and Emma played Monopoly City and I lost, disgraceful. That's twice I've lost Monopoly whilst in America, sorry England, I'll try harder next time.
     Sunday night, Emma made perogies for dinner! English people, I didn't know what they were so I guess you don't either?
So they're sort of like ravioli, but not exactly soft like pasta, more crispy. They're filled with mash potato and they're super yummy! We had them with bacon and sour cream, cooked by deep-frying them and they were just lovely... I went back for seconds because I eat far too much in life.


MondayMonday was the 4th of July or Independence Day! For you lot who don't know, it's the day in 1776 when the Declaration of Independence was adopted. The declaration was originally drafted by Thomas Jefferson. So since then, July 4th has been celebrated with fireworks, parades and all sorts to mark America's independence from Great Britain. Over here, this holiday is a big deal.
        I went with Emma, Adam and the boys over to Birch Tree to celebrate with Jess and the others. Birch Tree is the apartment complex where Emma and the boys hang out a lot, cos everyone there is pretty awesome. We got there at like 11am(ish) after stopping at Bojangles to get sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. Now you guys in Blighty will be thinking the same as me - "Sausage, egg and cheese in a biscuit? What the hell? You can't put a sausage in a digestive!" - but it's not like egg in Hobnobs. It's kinda crumbly, kinda sweet and you can put breakfast products in it, made out of a batter type mix but baked. I liked the sweet one with blueberries better than the breakfast one.
          When we got to Jess', we ate and then put up the shade tent. Hung out for a bit and played with the kids! So Emma went to the store and I'd nearly got Enoch to sleep, but then he started crying for Momma and didn't stop until Emma got back. There were rolling thunder storms yesterday too, and heavy rain for quite a bit of it. I guess this put a bit of a downer on the day as me and Emma both felt a bit shitty come early afternoon... but then we opened the wine. Oh that's another thing, Rosé here is called blush wine, causing some confusion when asked what wine I drink. 
           So the day got better and I got a little tipsy, skyped Mum whilst tipsy (sorry Mum!) and ate a hot dog. Some more people came and eventually at 9.30pm the fireworks started and they were beautiful. It's so weird being underage here! 
           Got home and watched a bit of Despicable Me with Emma and little Adam before falling asleep.


Tuesday
Today, the boys woke me up at around 8.30 by tooting the horn on the toy car downstairs. That was okay though because it meant I was on time to skype Mum when she got home from work. 
           I had some watermelon and a yogurt and came upstairs and hung out for a bit. Cleaned my little basement which I love and the boys even helped a little. We had a traumatic experience with a bug this morning though, it had been on the stairs for two days and when Emma tried to move it, it was still alive - ew! 
            So I tidied around and vacuumed and watched the boys whilst Emma went to Walmart, although Enoch was napping and Adam was watching Fireman Sam, so it wasn't exactly strenuous. Later on today we're gonna go to the movie store and Im gonna have a try at not only driving an automatic for the first time, but also on American roads - scary times!





   

No comments:

Post a Comment