Thursday 7 July 2011

6/7/2011 - It's the Wrong Side of the Road

Point 1. I will make a concerted effort not to start sentences with "so". Apparently it leads to the belief that I have an immoral and illegitimate relationship with the word.

Point 2. I will also try hard to blog everyday again, but I really am very busy.

Point 3. Look at how cute these kids are!



Yesterday afternoon, after I wrote on here, I drove. I drove on American roads, on the right hand side, in an automatic car. It was traumatic. Well no, I exaggerate, it wasn't so bad. I had a little trouble staying over to the right, and then I found that it's really hard not to move your left leg and because there is no clutch to press, you end up pressing the brake as hard as you would the clutch and braking really hard. Anyhow, everyone is still alive. Also, here, if there's no one coming and the light is red, you can still turn right - craziness!

I'd driven to the Blockbuster and we ended up getting Family Game Night 3 for the Wii, which we tried out.



--- I'd like to point out here that I wrote the above last night, then went out and got drunk, let's finish. ---


We played the Game of Life, and then when Ledale came over the three of us played Mouse Trap and Clue (Cluedo to us...). This was to shape the whole night as we ended up getting a little hooked to Theme Park World - remember that game?! Awesome.

On Wednesday Emma was asleep when I went upstairs so I thought I'd let her sleep, she must of needed it right? I bought the boys downstairs to play, which they did. Done the whole diaper, dressed, breakfast routine and folded up all the laundry.

When Emma woke up, we tidied around then went to the park!









It started to rain a little but it was refreshing because it gets so humid in the mountains, and as Emma said "If you don't like the weather in Boone, you wait five minutes." 


After the park, we went to Birch Tree to see Jess and then came home to have Mac and Cheese and Tuna and Peas - yum! After the kids had gone to bed, Kathy came over and me, Kathy and Emma went over to Jerry and Ledale's place round the corner. I had a whole bottle of wine to myself and a couple of shots of peppermint schnapps, was pretty drunk by the time I got back here. Sleeeeep.

 Kathy and Me

 Jerry and Kathy
 Kathy, Me and Emma
 Ledale and Jerry



Ledale and Kathy

Right now it's 9.38am and Fox News is on in the background and it's just making me mad. It's all complete bullshit and propaganda, it makes me mad mad mad, so I'm going to turn it off, have some grapes and see what's going on upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment