Friday 15 July 2011

15/7/2011 - Big Black X

For lunch yesterday, Jess took me, Emma and the boys to a place called Golden Corral, and wow. So I guess it's a buffet type deal there, where you can go up as many times as you like, and there's all different types of foods. Salads, pastas, Mexican, Chinese, burgers, vegetables - everything. And the dessert section was just amazing. Never one to turn down food, and lots of it, I loaded my first plate (of three) with spaghetti bolognese, some lemon cooked fish, a piece of pizza, some mushrooms and some cheese bread. I also had some yeast bread with honey mustard which tasted kinda like croissants. By my second plate I was feeling fuller, so ventured some salad. My final plate was dessert, consisting of raspberry cake, banana pudding and a strawberry cake. Needless to say I was so so so full.

When we finished lunch, we took a wander around the mall. I'm short on money so I wasn't going to buy anything but it was nice to look. But then Jess bought me these lovely sandals!  I love them! I then saw this cute little bracelet which turns out to be my Boone bracelet because it has an owl, and earthy tones, to add to my wrist of bracelets I already have.

When we finished and took Jess back to Birch Tree, we decided we were going to go out that night, so we asked Maggie what she was doing. She wasn't busy so we decided to go out. The final decision was to go to this place in Blowing Rock where Jerry was doing Trivia. We won round 2, and round 4 - and then won overall! Yay! It was weird at the bar not being able to just go up and order a drink, and having to do the bathroom tricks that I done pre-18th Birthday at home (sorry Mum...). Here are the prizes our team - The British Downys - won. Our team were me, Emma, Seth and Beverley, and to explain the name, I couldn't get over the funniness of washing powder here being called Downy.

 There are two of these, and a bottle opener, but I think the kids have hidden it.
 A drink sleeve.
 20 free chicken wings! (To be eaten at 3am...)
Annnnd the grand prize - a $50 gift certificate!
Not a bad lot of prizes at all I'd say!

Around 11 we went to Town Tavern, where I got these cute X's drawn on my hands because I'm underage.
Apparently it is not enough to just not have a wristband, you're branded too.



So Emma got out her tarot cards and basically told this guy his life was going to suck, but it was a conversation starter. After I spoke, they all realised I was English and ended up questioning me about English things for the rest of the night. They asked me about 'soccer', then admitted that they only knew team names because of Fifa. I ended up just talking to them all night really. I wasn't drunk, so I drove me and Emma home about 2am - such a fun night!

And here's a little video I just took of Enoch as he was typing on here when I wasn't looking. I dressed him today and he's wearing one of Adam's shirts tucked in and looks like a little old man - enjoy!

1 comment: