Monday 29 August 2011

29/8/2011 - NOLA, revisited.

Another fun day in New Orleans today, apart from this time it was with Andrea, Walter and baby West.
Before Andrea picked me up at 2, my day kind of fell apart. I was meant to get up early and do some yoga, but I slept in so didn't have time to do any and have felt sluggish all day because of it. When I did get up, I didn't have a lot of time, so after a quick email check I went to the Post Office, where I had an argument with the woman because apparently I can't send things home by sea, which is bullshit because I did it just 2 days ago. Ended up having to pay £31 - what a joke. Then I went to books-a-million and got a little notebook, because I'm tired of using my journal to write things that aren't journal entries. In my little book, which is green and says 'Be The Change' on the cover, I now have a collection of chords for various songs for the piano, so if I stumble across one again, I won't be stuck for what to play - preparation or what? I'll also use it for recipes I learn, yoga sequences I find and other things I learn. Anyone who knows me well will also know why this book that I found is perfect for me, I didn't buy it though.


I came home and was about to sit outside and eat some yogurt when Andrea turned up, right on time! We went back to her place and I got to play her parents beautiful baby grand piano, which I loved! She recorded me a little, and it just felt so good t be playing and singing on a real piano again. Yes, I'm a piano snob - a keyboard is not the same thing! We then set off for New Orleans! Walter went to play basketball whilst me, Andrea and West went to the aquarium. It was awesome, there was an amazing massive tank full of all kinds of fish and creatures, as well as a shark which had a humpback. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to have a humpback as another one looked exactly the same, but with a flat back. But this big tank, which was the Gulf of Mexico tank, was sponsored and funded by all the major oil companies. Oh the irony that it's them who destroyed it in the first place so that the animals have to be conserved.






























We walked around for a bit after this, got a drink and looked at the pretty buildings, then we went over to the restaurant we were meeting Walter at. I had the chicken and spinach warp, which was delicious. In the car ride home we spoke a lot about politics, Hurricane Katrina, oil companies, austerity measures. It was good to speak to someone who not only knows what they're talking about, but also holds similar views to my own.

Got back here, packed some more, refreshed myself on netball rules ready for tomorrow and now I really have to sleep. Shannon is picking me up at 7am - eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment