Monday 15 August 2011

15/8/2011 - It's All Good F.U.N

How did it get to Monday already? The weekend for me has flown by, even though I don't seem to have done much. I spent Friday night yoga-ing and in the hot tub. Actually, I fell asleep in it at one point, waking up was a bit of a shock. I also watched 50 First Dates - I love that movie and it never fails to make me cry. I've been having trouble sleeping for a few nights, not quite sure why, and this continued on Friday with me not sleeping until 3am, not fun.

On Saturday we visited more of Gwen and Gerald's family, Randy and Marcia. Technically, they live in a trailer, but it was no trailer like we know in England. This thing was absolutely huge, more like a house. In fact, I'm sure I've been in brick houses at home smaller than this trailer, and I doubt I would have known it was a trailer if I hadn't been told. Randy and Marcia are real nice people. Whilst I was there I tried okra for the first time (apparently we have it at home but I swear I haven't... although it's a little like asparagus. Maybe it's asparagus with a different name) and also summer beer. This summer beer they made was a mix of three beers, a can of frozen limeade and a can full of vodka, it was good. They said it's better with lemonade but I've always liked sour things so it was great as it was for me. Meanwhile, outside the rain had started, hard. When it stopped and we left, the grass was sodden and swampy.

Saturday night, it had been arranged that I'd help Linda out at a F.U.N Party. F.U.N parties are very very similar to Ann Summers parties in the UK, with the host getting a discount and games and that kind of thing. I'd put on the only nice 'dressy' dress I have right now (living out of a backpack restricts glamour...), curled my hair, done my make-up and I was ready to be picked up at 5. We got to the house in Bourg to find that the party was to be a bachelorette party - super fun! We unloaded the car then spent some good time taking advantage of the lovely food the host had provided. People kept arriving and eating, but there were supposed to be around 30 people there and time was getting on. In the end, it seemed like everyone who was coming had arrived... not 30 people though. We started with a 'what am I?' game - "I go in hard. I come out soft. You blow me hard. What am I?" - Bubblegum, of course you dirty lot! Then we went on to showing the stuff for sale. It was a good night overall, and the girls ended up buying plenty amid games of 'Ring the Dick' and hilarious stories. Also, I made $60 for just handing around stuff and eating - bonus! When I got home I ended up watching a movie before managing to fall asleep on the sofa (like Mother, like daughter) then waking up and going out again.

Yesterday I had a roast dinner. Yes, England, a roast dinner. Gwen made a beautiful dinner of roast pork, vegetables, crackling and yorkshire puddings! And gravy! ... home from home. With this and real British tea it's almost like I haven't left. Full of dinner and the heat being well, hot, I fell asleep again. Waking up at 6.30pm was no good, I knew I wasn't going to sleep last night. I spent last night talking to some people. It was nice to speak to Jake properly, and I spoke to someone I haven't spoken to for a long time. It's good to let the past be the past I feel. I ended up going to bed at midnight and finishing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban before managing to fall asleep - unbelievable! I even slept until 11.30am today... that's commitment to sleep.

I wanna show you guys some pictures I've taken and not uploaded.

A beautiful scene across the Bayou on Thursday evening.

A deers head found in the bathroom. Note he lipstick, earring, mascara and tinsel. This deer is classy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geriiiii,
    I feel the need to tell you that you can buy Okra in asda :P its in the frozen veg section, and me and lee have had to buy it for the indian before. However, interesing fact is that it's called two things over here, Okra, and LADIES FINGERS. wtf?!
    hehe.
    charlie f xxx

    ReplyDelete