Friday 26 August 2011

25/8/2011 - Ramblings



A whole 8 weeks I've been gone, yet the 8 weeks that preceded me leaving went by so quickly. Tonight I'm worried about a few things, but above all I'm worried about money. I'm scared I'm going to have to cut my trip short because I haven't got enough money - I need a job. Maybe I am a workaholic? Nah, I just know I need money to... well... live. But I'm not in anywhere for long enough to actually get a job, I might end up having to use my credit card, yuck.

I made some decisions today. I decided that I'm tired of complaining about the things I dislike about myself and I'm going to start making a positive impact on myself. Truth is, I often have a confidence level that could be described as arrogant but I am human (shock horror) and do have pet peeves. This decision sounds like a New Years Resolution gone bad, but since it's already part implemented I think it's legit. The issues that are going to be addressed and the solutions follow;

1.  Problem: The dreaded 'legs, bums and tums', which will be bikini worthy by Australia.
     Solution: Good old fashioned diet and exercise. I've let myself go a bit recently, this needs remedying.

2.  Problem: Do I or don't I redo my History coursework in order to try and bring up my whole grade and    meet the UEA entry requirements?
      Solution: No. Why should I put myself through extra stress whilst I'm trying to chill? I've already redone the coursework twice and I hate it, passionately. I'm going to submit my UCAS and hope that even though I'm one grade away from the requirements, that my awesome personal statement and new 'world experience' will help. C'mon UEA, I had an interview at Cambridge guys...

3. Problem: I don't know if I can actually wait 7 months to be home and do some stuff.
    Soltuion: Man the fuck up and realise that I have the chance of a lifetime here and to enjoy it. If things are meant to be, they will be there when I'm home. Stop being impatient.


Are they silly? Yeah... but they're still bothering me. In the short time I've been away from home, I feel that I'm a different person already; a better person. I like me, I'm a good person and I care about people. I've been working on myself a lot and I think it's going to allow me to be better with other people - You have to love yourself before anyone else can love you - these are very true words. I don't half feel all spiritual and stuff nowadays, but the world and the people in it really are beautiful.

I wanna share with you guys some of my favourite pictures from home, I made these their own place so I can look at them when I'm a little homesick. Some of them are old, some are new. Not all of these people are in my life now, but they were at some point and for that I'm grateful because all of these times were good times.








1 comment: