Friday 9 September 2011

9/9/2011 - Plato and a Platypus

Lots of little exciting things happened today.

First of all my birthday present from Dom arrived! No one else was home and I was so close to looking on the customs label to see what was in there, but I didn't! Marie hid it from me when she got home.

Skyped Vicki, then at 11am Deb picked me up and took me to the mall. Headed for Barnes and Noble and bought Deception Point by Dan Brown and also Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar, which apparently explains philosophy through humour and is written by two Havard philosophy majors. There was a Starbucks in Barnes and Noble, so I had a marble mocha and read some of my new book. Although I didn't get much read. I checked the news on my phone and got slightly annoyed at David Cameron, and like all reasonable people I took to Facebook to vent, starting a little debate over education.



Also very exciting is the arrival of a birthday card from my Granddad and Chris, which I can't open until Wednesday...





 ...and a postcard from Lucy and Jen with an owl on it - they know I love owls, and paperchase. Full of in-jokes and lovely stuff, miss them millions!




Tonight we're going for dinner at the Hibachi Grill, a Japanese place, so I'm off to get showered and ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment