Sunday 11 September 2011

11/9/2011 - Foods of the World!

In the last 48 hours I've eaten Japanese food, a British BBQ with Texan steaks and New York cheesecake. Now that's culture!

Friday night we went to Asian City Hibachi Grill for dinner. If you don't know what a Hibachi grill is, it's where they cook it all in front of you and do the tricks around the table. We got there and it was very busy, but we waited and ended up sitting at a table with these three other girls.

I ordered the Hibachi Delight (chicken and shrimp), and everyones food came with a soup and salad. They came first and then the cooking began... I'll let it speak for itself.










The guy was really good and the food was lush. I tried some sake, which I actually thought tasted like warm vodka, and it was quite nice really. nice enough for me to have another helping anyhow. As we were finishing dinner, Rob seemed to have found Shiro, the Japanese guy from before, and bought him over to our table. Poor guy, trying to enjoy his dinner in peace, ha!








We took Nick back to his hotel and he told us about the big cut-out of a receptionist that had got him a couple of times thinking it was really her. By this time, we wanted to see the famed Gail, so we all piled out of the car to take a peek at Gail, and of course have our photo taken!


Poor Gail. 

Yesterday was lots of fun too. I didn't get up until midday and then Nick and Shiro came over because we were having a BBQ! Hung around reading Plato and a Platypus... for a while, and then me and Ellie decided we might go to the cinema. That didn't come off in the end but it's cool, there's still time. Skyped with Mum on the big TV as well, so she had an audience and a big head. 

When the food was done, it was delicious! As much trust as I have in the noodle plan, I know it's not gonna taste as good as the food here. Although, Deb told me there's a book of cheap recipes to do with ramen noodles, so I looked it up and found 50 Amazing Ramen Noodle Recipes, so that should help! 

Spent a lot of time just chilling out, chatting and joking after we'd eaten. Marie makes the best margaritas so I had a couple, and a couple of glasses of rosé too, suffice to say I was happily merry. Had a little swim, a little game of water volleyball and after some cheesecake and raspberries it was bed time, knackered. I have no idea why I'm so tired lately, it's not as if I'm not getting much sleep, ridiculous!  



No comments:

Post a Comment