Wednesday 14 September 2011

14/9/2011 - Nineteen

Hi, today's my birthday. But before that...



On Sunday, we all went go kart racing; Rob, Marie, Nick, Ellie, Nancy and I. We went to the Houston Grand Prix and got the one hour wristband each. There was no line, so we all got on first time. Climbed onto the juddery karts, which I can only imagine are powered by golf cart or lawnmower motors,  but they still went pretty fast. Started an ongoing war with a boy who looked about 12 who kept bumping me... beat him in the end though, since the guys who worked there gave me the fastest kart. Who says smiling doesn't get you anywhere?



When we finished, we went to lunch. I had a chicken pasta and raspberry lemonade, which was lovely!

Monday and Tuesday passed without much to report, except for watching Teen Mom and Awkward. But today, is my 19th birthday.


Got up this morning around 10am, and came downstairs to find this little sign, along with a present from everyone. Some little owl earrings, which are so cute and I love already. Then I could open my presents from Dom, which were wrapped really securely so it took me ages to get into them! Some real chocolate, The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, a CD, some deep heat (inside joke...), and a jumper! I also had a card from Granddad and Chris which I opened and then stuck in my scrapbook.

Spent today speaking to people from home, including Vicki, my Mum and Nan, and Nikki, which has been lovely. Almost as if I'm not away from home...

Three days until I leave. I'm sad to leave Houston, and not overly excited for LA, but New Zealand I can't wait for! Spent a lot of time the last few days booking hostels and planning things, it's all very exciting. I really cannot wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment