Tuesday 13 December 2011

14/12/2011 - T-Minus Ten Weeks

I'm going to start off by confirming my decision to come home in February as originally planned. As much as I would love to stay in Australia, I need to go to Uni. I've been working towards going to University for two years and it would be silly to throw that away. I know, I could go back, but education only gets more difficult the longer you stay out of it. There will always be nannying jobs in the world, but I won't always have the chance to do my degree.

Sooo what's been going on with me, you ask? I haven't felt much up to going out into Melbourne. In all honesty, I feel like once I've seen one museum I've seen them all, and I am not going to another zoo. So until something different presents itself, I'm rather content with reading my book at Gloria Jean's and drinking vanilla lattes all day. Of course it's also been lots of looking after the kids. My day generally looks like this;

7am; Get up, have a cup of tea, get the kids up at 7.15, organise the three of them whilst trying to tody up as well.

8.30am; The girls leave for school, I get Griffin dressed and myself dressed before setting Griff up an activity and eating my breakfast.

9 - 11am; Cleaning, laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, bathroom, kids rooms, kitchen.

11am - 3pm; Free time! Yay! Like I said, I've been spending lots of time at the coffee house of wandering around Williamstown.

3pm; Go home and wait for the kids to come home. Help them with homework, supervise their chores, make dinner.

5pm; Dinner time!

6 - 8pm; Free time for me and the kids.

8pm; Everyone's bedtime, free time for meee!

It's a pretty simple day that can end up dragging itself out like crazy.

Last Friday we went to the beach. It was such good fun and the water was so warm, it was beautiful. I stood on a jellyfish which was disgusting and jumped off the rocks which was fun. Also, a guy who was snorkelling surfaced right next to me with a fish on the end of a spear, obviously catching his dinner old style. I haven't swam in the sea for so long, I'd forgotten how harsh salt water can be, but I think it done my skin wonders. It also made my hair get all surfy curls which was lush when it dried.

Williamstown Beach

Stella and I


Jarrah Cartwheeling 


Griff being the cutest kid in Oz

On Saturday, Jarrah went early to her friend's birthday party, which was also a sleepover. Benson went to his dance club which left Oscar, Griffin and Stella. The boys spent the day with their Dad whilst Stella and I got a lift into Melbourne with Eliza, who was also going to a dance class. Stella and I had a mission to find her some yellow shorts for her costume for the school concert, she's a giraffe. First though, we were starving, so we ducked into a small cafe and had some breakfast, which was probably the best French Toast I've ever had, just amazing. A trip to American Apparel later and we'd found her some shorts which she was happy with. 

After getting home, us girls decided to go and see New Years Eve whilst the boys done their thing, so we headed off to the Sun Theatre in Yarraville. In all honesty, the movie wasn't great. I wouldn't pay to see it again but I don't regret paying to see it once. It's obviously based on movies like Love Actually and Valentine's Day in that it has loads of stars in it and also has multiple story lines, but it's just not funny or romantic really. When we got home, Eliza and I had a couple of vodkas and had a chat. I think I've detoxed myself for long enough now. Talking about siblings and things, I decided to try and call my big brother again. I haven't spoken to him since I left England, he's a pain to get hold of, but this time he answered! I didn't ave much time so it was a quick chat and I ended it telling him I loved him and missed him, and that he was the best big brother in the world. I bloody hope he appreciated it! He probably went straight back to sleep haha!

Sunday wasn't a good day for me. I was stressed and highly strung for no real reason apart from that I was. I feel bad for the kids for having to put up with it, but surely when it takes half an hour to put shoes on, they would expect me to be a little annoyed? Getting drunk Facebook-ed by Mum cheered me up though. Monday was a little better, we went to lunch at Eliza's sister's house for their Mum's birthday and the food was lovely. Plus there was the most gorgeous little kitten!

Yesterday was costume day. Since the girls concert is today, we spent yesterday painting giraffe spots onto Stella's costume, and making Jarrah's up (she has to be a rapper). When I picked the girls up from school, we went to find Jarrah a hat, done the food shop then they came with me to the Doctor's. Yesterday I paid $60 to find out that everything was fine. Better safe than sorry though, can't be too careful with all this sun exposure and my pale skin. I'm also pretty sure I can claim that back through the reciprocal agreement. I made fajitas for dinner yesterday, I still need to find something for tonight... there's mince in the fridge but I don't want bolognase. 

Anyhow, I can't wait for Hayley and Cheryl to arrive soon, I'm sure I'll have more interesting updates for you all then. There was a big storm here the other night and ever since I've been keeping an extra eye out for spiders, apparently they come inside after rain, especially heavy rain! It really is true about Melbourne's weather "four seasons in one day", glad I didn't send all my jumpers home now! 

Jarrah and the kitty!

Angry?



Eliza 

The Wiggles was obviously exhausting.

1 comment:

  1. You should have a look for a Three Beans coffee shop, may only be in Sydney but they are freaking fantastic. Soy Chai Latte with caramel, I miss it so much!!

    ReplyDelete