Tuesday 28 June 2011

28/6/2011 - Day Six

Goood evening everyone! It's 8:50pm here and I've had a jam-packed day!
Last night one of the girls mentioned that her and someone else were thinking of renting a boat in Central Park today and invited me along. So I went, and so did Roslyn, who I've met here and who is lovely! We got to Central Park and found that the boat place wasn't open, bugger. So we wandered to the fountain and I put my feet in the lake to cool off, and then we realised that we didn't see what time the boat place actually opened, if at all. Wandering back we found it had opened - bonus! So the four of us went on an hour's boat paddling. Well, I didn't actually paddle cos I happened to be sitting at the front, and if I tried to swap places, I'm pretty sure the whole thing would've capsized. But it was so beautiful and peaceful and lovely - with turtles everywhere!
























Then the other two split off and Roslyn and I went to the Central Park Zoo, but not before having a lush Spinach and Feta Hot Dog, yum! The Zoo was good, saw some tropical things, a polar bear, some penguins, seals and sealions and some mongeese.

After the Zoo, we went to M&Ms world - it was craziness!








After, we went to see Bridesmaids at the cinema, armed with M&Ms; it was so so funny! Made me a little teary at one part though, where she hugs her Mum and tells her she loves her for no reason, reminded me of me and my Mum! But then there was another joke and crying was avoided!

So we wandered out of the cinema and back onto Times Square, only to find a première was going on for Transformers 3. So we waited for agggesss and saw some celebs, who I didn't know who they were, but Buzz Aldrin was there!And Will Smith and family actually... it was an awesome atmosphere! I saw a BBC microphone and predicted that it belonged to an oldish, posh looking man. He was the only reporter over I'd say, 25, and looked distinctively upperclass. My prediction was correct. The photos aren't so good cos we were standing behind the press, rather than on the side of the actual audience people who were super prepared with handmade signs and had probably been there for hours!







 If you look closely, you'll see this is the Chinese guy from the Hangover!
He was very funny when he spoke with the interviewer at the end.



After this, we wandered around a bit more, caught the subway back to 110th, grabbed a McDonalds and here I am! Tiring day. But a success in that I didn't get sunburnt! But I did get heat rash on my feet... bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment