Sunday 26 June 2011

26/6/2011 - Day Four

Evening! To you guys, not to me. To me it's afternoon.

Days in NY: 4
Hot dogs eaten: 3
Times I've been asked out: 2
Comments on my accent: 1 million

Yesterday night, I had a crisis. But, last night I slept in a room in the hostel which isn't used, I can only assume it's unfinished so isn't sold yet, but the lovely people here let me stay in it. No joke, these people are so nice, I'm so glad to be safe here. Last night, we played Monopoly till 1am, I lost, badly.

So, today I woke up at 7am, naturally. Been doing this since I've been here, I do not like it. I'm going to assume that it's because at 7am local time it's midday in the UK; my normal waking up time. It's all about the biorhythms!

Decided this morning that I would go and pick up my Greyhound ticket for Thursday. I'm travelling overnight, with a transfer at 5.30am. (By the way, in America, for am/pm they just put a/p....took me a while to figure that out). So I'm hoping I can just sleep for the majority of the journey. So yeah, I picked up my ticket from the relatively difficult to find Port Authority Bus Depot and then aimlessly wandered, ending up in Times Square; so. many. lights. Not before being chatted up though. Some guy told me he was from Ecuador then asked me which way 42nd Street was. It would either be East or West so I guessed. He told me I was wrong, then proceeded to ask for my number. I fake numbered him.
Times Square was busy and noisy. But I saw where the ball drops on New Years (Dick Clarks' New Year's Rocking Eve, is it?) and all the flashy signs and things like that! Pictures below!


















So then I went to Central Park! Also busy, but quiet, but massive! There's a zoo in there, that's how big it is! Craziness. And a few lakes, and roads through the middle, and loads of street acts. And a man dressed as a wizard. I don't think he was a street act, I think he just thought he was a wizard.








I spent about 3 hours in the park then made my way back to the hostel. I got sunburnt today again, even though I put on loads of sunscreen! (I did Mum, honest, I'm being good! I even bought a hat!) So I've put some after sun on, skyped Mum and Lucy, which was lovely and soon I'm probably going to order takeout and watch a movie, cos I'm really tired after the stress of last night, probably end up having an early night.

Oh, and here I am in Central Park! I look sad, not sure why, I was happy. Maybe it's cos someone had just come and asked me whether I was part of 'Ultimate manhunt' and I felt I was missing out.


Night lovelies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment