Monday 27 June 2011

27/6/2011 - Day Five

So today I spent a lot of the day in Chelsea, it's beautiful there. The sun has been shining all day and I spent the morning and early afternoon reading my book on the benches that are curved like beach chairs. There's also running water there that you can bath your feet in and just generally chill out. The whole place is on an old railtrack that's on a biiiiig bridge, so it's now a walkway type thing with benches and plants and it's all just lovely. I got sunburnt again though.








So I wandered around there four like 4 hours, and then found a taco cart and had a chicken and onion taco with cheese, was loovvvely, and a can of Sprite. Chelsea is known as the 'gay district' apparently, and a couple of nights ago gay marriage was legalised here plus it was the pride parade yesterday, and it was so great to see all rainbow flags and happy couples everywhere - so awesome! 

After that I got back on the subway and meant to go to Bleaker as suggested by Lucy, but ended up on the wrong train, strayed onto Broadway and into Forever 21. Bought a dress, felt guilty, came back to the hostel to give myself a good talking to about budgeting and being a poor traveller and not just a holidaymaker. A man on the subway was spouting off about how he was God and the whole world is his, gotta love the crazies.

I had a chat with Mum tonight on Skype, I love Skype! I love being able to see Mum and having a cheeky little giggle. Uploaded some photos to Facebook and then found that one of the guys at the hostel is a weirdo, asking whether he could run his fingers through my hair. Creeped me out so I left the room. 

So I'm sitting with the girls now, after Skyping Chaz and giving him a little tour of the downstairs of the hostel. Just going to hang out here tonight and watch a movie I think, New York at night scares me a little at the moment. Here are some other photos from today!



"My Mom calls it 'Bloomies'"

No comments:

Post a Comment