Thursday 6 October 2011

6/10/2011 - Taupo Cliffhanger

Just a short post.

Today I left Tauhara Sunrise. I got up this morning and I packed, I swear my pack is getting lighter... maybe there's a hole in it, but I don't think I'm missing anything. Maybe I'm just getting stronger. Breakfasted, packed and was in town by 12.30.

Gen, Diane's daughter, text me around midday asking if I'd like to go to lunch with them at 1, so it all worked out perfectly and I had a salmon and crab bagel which was yummy. I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with Gen, going to visit her Grandma and going to see where she worked, which happened to be at the Taupo Bungy. Once we'd got there she snagged us a free 'swing'. I had no idea what this was so was happily signing away my life. Still pretty happy and we went and put harnesses on. Still pretty happy walking out to the platform. Then shit. I realised the swing was a drop from the same height as the bungy which arced across the river. I think at this point my words were "fuck fuckidy fuck fuck fuck". The video is hilarious (see below) cos you can see how nervous I get, and how I'm not going to be tricked into not holding on by waving at the camera ("I know you're going to let it go when I wave, I know your game!") So the first drop was the worst, I couldn't even scream because I was so shocked. In the pictures, somehow I seem to lean forward and do some kind of half-superman pose, weird. Anyway, it was freaking awesome! My legs still feel like jelly. Check out the video and pics below.









No comments:

Post a Comment