Friday 28 October 2011

29/10/2011 - The Sad Tale of the Breakup of the Wodka Club

It was decided, after around 5 minutes of deliberation (questions like.. will it save me money? Can I work more days?) I had chosen to stay in Picton for two extra days. Truth is, it's the people that make a place and Cheryl, Hayley, Matt and Dave (even though he left...), also known as the Wodka Club, are awesome and I wasn't ready to leave yet. Plus it worked out well because I could save some money!

Wednesday was a lazy day since it was absolutely chucking it down with rain, we only ventured out to go to the supermarket. In fact, we seem to go to the supermarket everyday. We got a lift with the boys in the shuttle van so we didn't get soaked through and made a stop at SuperLiquor for more vodka too. Matt told us he would cook for us, he made Auflauf which was really nice, kind of like a vegetable bake with cheese and cream, really really tasty. This set us up nicely for a night of drinking, giggling and a lethal game of Ring of Fire. It was Dave's last night, so a fair bit of hugging and "Don't gooooooo!"'s happened too. Of course, there was the now obligatory singing and guitar playing too.

Me, Hayley and Bjorn

Matt, Cheryl and Dave

During Ring of Fire

Drunk?


Matt: What's a cuddle? Us: This is a cuddle!


To the Wodka Club!

Dave left in the morning and we were all very sad. We had another lazy day after work, the weather wasn't great again, but there was obviously a trip to the supermarket, for pizza and chips this time. Thursday night was chilled, we just sat around and watched Scary Movie 3. Yesterday we had a wander around town, and again went to the supermarket. I made a vegetable lasagne last night which turned out pretty well apart from the pasta was a bit hard - boo! Politely though, everyone said it added to the texture, I think they're just being nice but whatever. We'd been to the movie store to rent a couple of DVDs for yesterday night but they wanted $50 bond since we weren't members - what a joke! After a little eye-flattering though, the guy agree to keep my passport as an assurance we weren't going to run off with his movies. Looking back on this, I probably shouldn't be so keen to give my passport over to someone I don't know. We ended up renting All Good Things with Ryan Gosling in it and Let Me In. Both were supposed to be quite scary, they weren't. All Good Things really was good though, based on a true story. I fell asleep on the couch during Let Me In, just like I'd done the night before. I wonder where I get that from, hey Mum? ;)

This morning I did all the laundry which was quite relaxing really, I don't mind laundry. I move on tomorrow to Nelson, where I can hopefully finally get my jeans fixed and find a library to use their internet. Because of work every morning, I haven't been able to get to the library in time for the time difference to be right to Skype home, so hopefully next week it will all work out a bit better. I better go do some packing really since the others have gone to return the DVDs (and hopefully get my passport back) and get groceries for tonight's dinner, Matt's cooking Currywurst on the barbecue, no idea what that is, but I guess it has something to do with curry and sausage, oh German is so funny. Oh and I'm now finished work - woo!







No comments:

Post a Comment