Saturday 5 November 2011

6/11/2011 - Philosophical?

First off, sorry Mum/Nanny/anyone else I'm supposed to be appropriate around.

Right now I'm sat in Zumos having a mocha, it's 9am and since our bus has a flat tyre, I was remembering last night.

Last night I got to thinking. Deep thinking, possibly even philosophical thinking. Now I can't rule out that this thinking stemmed from the cheap wine, the beautiful fireworks, or perhaps that smoke we had. Regardless, it happened.

And I thought "This is my life."

I get to get up when I want and spend my nights getting drunk, getting high and listening to music. This is my life! If I want to stay somewhere longer, I can. If I want to leave somewhere early, I can. I have complete and utter freedom over every single thing I do. It's all my decision. If I want to go for a walk I can, if I want to write I can, but nothing is going to happen if I don't.

Then I thought about the place I was in last year. This time last year, things were about to get really really shit, and it took a while for things to not be shit. But just look at where I am, how far I've come in a year. I got some a-levels, I got into university and I'm travelling the world, I'm fucking proud of that. I get to sit in coffee houses and talk about politics with cute guys, I get to eat big dinners with groups of amazing people and I get to take time for myself to sit in the sun and read or listen to music or just think. I've got good at getting lost in my own thoughts. And rambling apparently.

What I'm trying to say, is how happy I am with what I'm doing and who I am. I am a completely different girl to the one who left Great Yarmouth on June 23rd 2011, the difference is unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment