Sunday 20 November 2011

20/11/2011 - Rambling Rambles...

In all honesty, I have been lazy. I have had a multitude of lazy days. On the positive, I'm now totally caught up on How I Met Your Mother and Josh Radnor (aka Ted Mosby) is now following me on Twitter. Overall a success I'd say.

On Thursday night, I went with Gen to have diner with her friends at Breakers. Mushroom fettuccine and cheesy garlic bread later and we started on the drink. No wait, we didn't, because I'd left my passport at home and my driving license in Franz Josef. So after a slight bump and a quick trip home, we were back on track. We started in Mulligans and met up with Brad, Ben, Laurie and Lisa. Tom the barman remembered me from the various times I've returned to Taupo and Buzz (the bus driver from Magic who keeps turning up) happened to be in the bar. A couple of drinks later, we headed over to Finn's. I was feeling a little sicky by this point. Nope, not alcohol sick, but my stomach just wasn't sitting right (TMI?). Anyhow, I decided the only way to fix the sicky feeling was more alcohol. Over at Finn's, this guy was playing the guitar and singing and was really good, so we all ended up having a dance which was really good. I ended up winning a free beer because he forgot his words and I was singing along, so apparently that helped him remember? Whatever, free beer.

I'll level with you guys, I'm been horribly homesick these last few days. It sounds so silly but I just can't get on board with it being hot a Christmas and not being with Mum and Paul. I keep thinking (and probably romanticising) Christmas at home. Eating Quality Street and throwing the screwed up wrappers at each other (and still finding those wrappers down the back of the sofa in February), making champagne sunrises, Mum's pigs in blankets, snowball fights with the neighbours at Victoria Cottages. I've also been generally homesick for little things like Shout At the Telly Night with Mum on a Thursday, nights out in dirty GY, visiting Nikki in the afternoons and even going to work. When I spoke to Mum last night, she made a really good point that because I'm over the halfway point now, it's more of a countdown to my homecoming. On the other hand I can hardly believe it's 12 weeks until I'm home.

Today I have felt better though. Baking always makes me feel better.


I only planned to make a carrot cake (the one on the right), but also ended up making 20 cupcakes and lots of chocolate brownies. It's been a baking day.

The kittens have come on leaps and bounds. Quite literally, they've been jumping all over the place. Unbelievable that under a week ago they could hardly walk. 


I've been eating a lot of rubbish lately, so in my two weeks left in Taupo I've decided to go on a bit of a detox. I realise my baking day today kind of gets in the way of that, but it's not as if I'm binging like I have been. Basically, I weighed myself the other day and I've put on quite a bit of weight, I'm now 150lbs. This is quite simply a result of my diet of almost exclusively pasta and noodles. So healthy meals and biking into town is now on the menu. Had some really nice sushi in town on Saturday, sushi is healthy, right? 

Well, this has been a post full of rambling. But that's okay, sometimes that's how it goes. 

I'm now using Twitter a lot more, so this is it.

Good night!  


No comments:

Post a Comment