Tuesday 15 November 2011

15/11/2011 - Queenstown

I love Queenstown. It's contemporary yet relaxed and pretty, the weather changes very quickly and there's plenty of night-life. A night-life I took full advantage of. The time I spent in Queenstown was not enough, and mostly involved drinking lots of Toffee Nut Lattes. Yes, that's right, Starbucks has it's red Christmas cups and Christmas drinks in NZ too and it's safe to say after drinking three grande lattes in one day, I developed a slight addiction. In my defence, they are a limited edition for about 6 weeks and Taupo doesn't have a Starbucks - I had to make the most of it. Aside from drinking lattes and making a Wodka Club playlist of Spotify, a couple of nights were spent out getting 2 for 1 drinks at the Buffalo Club, playing pool (badly) at Harry's and getting $2.50 beers at Brazz. Woke up late, stayed up later and spent lots of time watching How I Met Your Mother with Lucy. Also ate a massive burger which is apparently famous, the Fergburger, it was pretty good.

Turned out that the hill I mentioned before wasn't a difficult hill at all really, in fact it probably done my legs lots of good (and helped with the high-calorie lattes...), as long as you're not carrying 20kg on your back then it's all good. I could happily live in Queenstown, very happily. The scenery is gorgeous and the people are kind.

I spent a good time trying to get my hip pierced but places were closed, maybe it's a sign I shouldn't get it done. On my last day there, the weather was beautiful, so Lucy, Rob, Harrison and I spent some time sitting on the grass near the lake, playing cards in the sun. I got a little burnt, of course.

Yesterday, I flew back up to Auckland then got the bus down to Taupo. The flight was fine, the bus was not so fine. An overly touchy-feely Japanese couple sat in front of me, which was a bit awkward but I managed to get a bit of sleep. It's good to be back in Taupo and see Gen, who met me from the bus and we took a b-line straight for Maccas. It's so so good to be back in a home, with real food and tea, and be able to shower when I want and lay-in. Very very nice to be back.


Beautiful Queenstown




No comments:

Post a Comment