Wednesday 29 February 2012

29/2/2012 - Homecoming

I've been home for two weeks tomorrow, where on earth did that time go? My flight home wasn't terrible although I left my favourite hoodie and sunglasses on the plane - boo! However after fourteen hours I was so glad to see my Mum, Lucy and Jen holding this sign! They're so cute!


Anyhow after a not-so-quick stop at South Mimms service station, an old haunt of Lucy and Jen's apparently, we were on our way home! Three hours later, we crossed over the border into Norfolk. It was so good to be home and to spend time with Mum, who held my hand pretty much the whole way home. I can't begin to tell you all the things I've been up to because I've been rushed off my feet but it's included lots of alcohol, buying a car, having job interviews, getting my old job back at the pub, looking around my uni accommodation, taking up salsa dancing, doing more yoga and generally catching up with people. 

My new Beetle!


Everything that's normal seems like a novelty at the moment and even things like going to the bank seem to be exciting. Give it a month I say... Although it's good to be home, I can see the wanderlust taking hold again in the not to distant future. Hopefully. 

The last eight months were simply the best thing I'v done in my whole life. The places I went, the things I experienced and the people I met are all things I'll never forget. In turn, I think I'm a bit of a different person too, for the better (and I don't just mean an extra couple of inches around my waist!) So thanks for keeping up with me guys, the final view count on here is 6005, which is about 750 a month, that can't be bad at all for a relatively mediocre travel blog! What's next for me? My degree! Eek!

Home Sweet Home




1 comment: